How To Make Pineapple Cake Pops

Yesterday my Luau Dance dessert table was featured on Amy Atlas, its always an exciting honor!  (see the full post and pics HERE).  I made this luau table for my daughter’s 5th grade dance.  I didnt have much time to let my ideas evolve for it, as this was a fast track project.   My offer to create, design & budget were all submitted for approval in just a day or so.  So I was lucky that I didnt have creative block, but this isnt my first luau either!    I immediately knew I wanted to make a centerpiece that mimicked the bountiful fruit offerings at a traditional luau but I couldn’t do it with a cake.  This crazy idea to make a cake pop pineapple came out of know where.  I kept thinking that it reminded me of a croquembouche but in my research I couldn’t find many attempts of other cake artists doing a cake pop croquembouche.  I either had a brilliant idea on hand or an epic fail!

So I sketched it out, trying to eliminate any potential bad ideas and in my head it seemed like an idea that should work.  I basically decided I was just “chocolate-glueing” cake balls onto a vertical stryofoam surface.  If it didnt work, plan B was going to be a tissue paper pineapple for the centerpiece and just cake pops elsewhere on the table.  Having the plan B definitely helped my confidence.  That, and asking for advice from my sister Jes and friend Jen.  They always put me in my place, they don’t

Pineapple

It for me when its just wrong.  As I started down the road on this experimental trip I took pictures with my cell phone and had a group message going to them about my “pineapple progress”  Thats about as much DIY tutorials I do around here….sorry!

Culinary Dessert Class: Pineapple Cake Pops

It seemed yesterday most of the comments on Amy Atlas’s Facebook picture of my party (its up to 250 likes btw!) were about the cake pop pineapple.  I figure some people might be wondering how to make their own sculpted cake pop creation.  So took a look at my text message pictures and sure enough, I had enough to pull together a behind the scenes board on how I made it.  Its not a styled DIY or step by step tutorial by any means, but you can get the concept along with my descriptions.  So here it is!  (Click on the image to enlarge it to full screen for better readability).

Tagged as amy atlas, best luau parties, cake pop, featured guest, hawaiian party, luau dessert table, luau party, pineapple cake, pineapple cake popsI was really good for the month leading up to vacation and lost 5 pounds. I tried to do good for breakfast and lunch while on vacation, but that quickly went by the wayside as I relaxed and enjoyed myself with my family. Since I got back home at the end of July, I just wasn’t motivated to go back on the diet. Mr. Quart and I are dealing with somediscipline issues with Little Cup and I just haven’t had the strength to deal with a diet and family issues…. However, it’s time I got back on the wagon and get serious about my diet again.

So, today marks five days of an allproteindiet! On Saturday, I get to splurge and have my diet-day-off, so I am looking forward to that.

Pineapple

Brush Stroke Pineapple Cake

I’ll also be visiting my girlfriend inConnecticut for the weekend. I can’t wait! I haven’t seen her since she was pregnant, and now her daughter is 14 months old. I’m such a bad friend for not visiting sooner.

For a dozen Pineapple Cake Pops, you need 1/4 of a 9×13 cake and a small spoonful of frosting. Combine them in the mixer and then measure out 12 equal cake balls.

-

Decide if you want your pops up or down. Do you want them “candy apple” style with the stick up, or atraditionalpop with the pop in top?

Perfect Cake Pops With Diy Cake Pop Holder

Melt some Green Candy Melts. You don’t need a lot, maybe 10 disks. Put the melted candy into a baggie and cut a small tip off the corner. Pipe out the pineapple top on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Leave to dry.

-

Melt some Chocolate. You can use candy melts or chocolate chips. Again, you don’t need a lot, maybe a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Melt and put into a baggie with a small tip cut off. Pipe diagonal lines around the pop creating diamonds. You can be more creative and form scallops if you have a steady hand.

Finally, add the green pineapple top. If your chocolate is wet, you can use that to secure the top, or you can add more green to the top of the pineapple as glue.

Piña

Pineapple Cake Pop Wachsmelt 59g, 6,45 €

Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.

Melt some Green Candy Melts. You don’t need a lot, maybe 10 disks. Put the melted candy into a baggie and cut a small tip off the corner. Pipe out the pineapple top on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Leave to dry.

-

Melt some Chocolate. You can use candy melts or chocolate chips. Again, you don’t need a lot, maybe a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Melt and put into a baggie with a small tip cut off. Pipe diagonal lines around the pop creating diamonds. You can be more creative and form scallops if you have a steady hand.

Finally, add the green pineapple top. If your chocolate is wet, you can use that to secure the top, or you can add more green to the top of the pineapple as glue.

Piña

Pineapple Cake Pop Wachsmelt 59g, 6,45 €

Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.