How To Make A Beach Ball Cake Pop

These beach ball cake pops are a great way to get in the right mindset. I made them a while ago for Target’s blog (A Bullseye View) at the time, but it appears the instructions have since been removed in their site reorganization. So I thought I would update this post I made back then to include the complete how-to instructions. Now they‘ll be handy here if you want to give these cute pops a go.

They are so sweet and simple, and have such strong and graphic visual appeal. They just sing summer. And sunshine. And they make me smile. And they make me wish I was at the pool right now. P.S., if you love summer, you might like these Sunshine Cake Pops, too.

Now, let’s make some beach balls. The full instructions are at the end of this post, but first, here’s a photo play-by-play.

Kara's Party Ideas Beach Ball Birthday Party Supplies Planning Ideas Cake Idea

The texture will be something like this. You can scoop amounts of the the cake and frosting mixture for even size balls.

And then just roll them by hand. If your cake crumbs are fine, you’ll get rounder, smoother balls which will make for smoother pops when dipped.

This is a good consistency of cake to frosting. The mixture should be moist but shouldn’t feel wet. Once they are scooped you can easily roll them into a smooth ball.

Cake Ball Recipe (step By Step Tutorial)

Speaking of consistency, you want your candy coating to be fluid and smooth so that it pours off the spoon instead of plopping. : ) I know. Nice visual, but this is what you want. Not too thick and perfect for dipping.

A helpful way to divide the pops into eight equal sections is to use a toothpick to draw or “etch” lines right on the surface.

What are you doing fun this summer? I’d love to know what you guys are looking forward to in your summer plans because I haven’t done anything fun yet. I’m longing for the pool and rest and adventure and rest and rest. What to do and where to go?

Pumpkin Cake Pops [+ Video]