Can We Make Cake Without Vanilla Essence

These cakes became popular during the Great Depression when eggs and dairy products were expensive and hard to come by. Nowadays, they’re great for people with food allergies, and everyone will love them!

The beauty is, you can change out ingredients or add to it as needed. Take the basis of this recipe and add sprinkles or a different flavored extract. Maybe you want to make it a fun color, you can add some food dye and truly make it fun and colorful.

Classic

Have fun making this cake and we cannot wait to see the look on your face when it’s made without those eggs and and dairy products!

Best Vanilla Cake Recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8″ square (or round…I prefer the round, but I’ve made this in both) baking pan.

Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one.

Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.Let it cool, then top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!

The Best Vanilla Extract Substitutes For Baking And More

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8 square (or round...I prefer the round, but I've made this in both) baking pan.

Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one.

I would like to make your Crazy Vanilla cake. I want to know if I can use Robin Hood - All-Purpos - Glutten Free Flour for it? I've tried a cake recipe with it and it turned out sandy. What are your suggestions?

Cake Recipe Without Eggs (no Egg Cake)

Ok i am trying this cake! but when i put it all together there was not a lot of batter??? seemed to little of a cake surely not at all like the picture. So I doubled the recipe now I dont know how long to cook it for. I checked on it at 30 min but the center is still not cook :( This recipe makes way too little of a cake!This vanilla cake is so easy to make and comes out soft, fluffy and moist. It is just 5 ingredients and doesn’t require eggs, butter or milk, but you can’t even tell. The texture is just like traditional vanilla cake. This cake is perfect for any occasion that requires cake.

This is my go-to vanilla cake recipe. It is so easy to whip up and also happens to be egg-free and dairy-free. You can bake it as a regular cake, use it for cupcakes or use it to make a layered cake as well.

Self-Rising Flour: To simplify this recipe, I used self-rising flour which already has baking powder and salt added to it. If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own with all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. The exact amounts are shared in the recipe card notes section.

Best Cake Without Vanilla Extract Recipes

Oil: This cake uses vegetable oil. You want to use a neutral oil like vegetable oil so that you don’t taste the oil flavor in the cake.

This cake is inspired by Crazy Cake but is not quite the same. The ingredient list is simpler and I think the texture is also much better than the crazy vanilla cakes I’ve tried in the past.

Crazy Cake, also known as Depression Cake, is a cake made without eggs, butter or milk that was created during WWII when resources were scarce. The most popular version is a chocolate crazy cake. I made it a few years ago and fell in love with the concept. I immediately tried making a vanilla version but the vanilla versions I tried never quite worked out for me. The cake texture was gummy and not as fluffy and light as the chocolate version.

How To Make The Best Vanilla Cake Ever

Crazy cake also usually contains baking soda and vinegar to act as a leavening agent. But I found that using baking powder creates a better crumb. I always found the chocolate crazy cake’s crumb a little too loose, but this vanilla version doesn’t have that issue.

Eggless

This easy vanilla cake comes out so soft, fluffy and moist. It doesn't require eggs, butter or milk but you can't tell.

Serving: 1 slice , Calories: 162 kcal , Carbohydrates: 25 g , Protein: 1 g , Fat: 6 g , Saturated Fat: 1 g , Sodium: 205 mg , Sugar: 12 g , NET CARBS: 25

Classic Sponge Cake (3 Ingredients!)

The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.Baking a Sponge Cake is an art and even most seasoned cooks sometimes struggle to get the right spongy texture. Generally all cake recipes require using egg to make it soft, and due to this, baking a cake at home becomes prohibitive if you don’t prefer to use egg or follow strict vegetarian food diet. With this Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe’s step by step photo guide, carefully measured ingredients and detailed explanation of process, making a soft and spongy cake at home is very easy. Unlike other Vanilla Cake Recipes, this recipe doesn’t use butter or condensed milk. Instead, it uses plain curd (yogurt), baking soda and baking powder to make the cake spongy and fluffy. Plain curd and baking soda reacts with one another which makes cake soft while baking powder makes it raise during baking, giving it a light and fluffy texture.

Serving Ideas:  Serve Eggless vanilla cake on its own or garnish it with chocolate ganache or Nutella and nuts or vanilla cream frosting and serve as a dessert.

This is literally THE best cake I have ever tried!!! I used vanilla yoghurt instead of plain and it turned out great!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Lemon Cake (no Baking Powder, No Baking Soda)

Thank you for this excellent recipe. I tried yours exactly it came out very well. I have tried so many recipes. But finally, yours is the best. Thank you for sharing a perfect one.

This is perhaps the best and softest cake I have made - which also happens to be the simplest method of all!

Vanilla

Can u give substitute for oil as ghee. Measurement and process do I need to add it in step 8 as oil?

Easy Sponge Cake

Thanks for the perfect eggless vanila cage recipe. I tried it and turned out to be super delicious , spongy and easy with your recipe.

Hi -this worked perfectly for 6 inch but when I tried to double the recipe for a 10 inch cake it always comes out undercooked even after one hour. How long should this be baked for a 10 inch?

Response: Hello Anju, make sure to fill a pan between one-half to two-thirds of the height. Don't fill it up full otherwise it will take longer to bake and might not bake properly in the center.

Ingredient Vanilla Cake (no Eggs, Butter Or Milk)

I have made this recipe twice now. My coworkers are huge fans!!! I did a masala chai spice version, and a coffee flavored one. I baked them as cupcakes. The recipe is perfect for 12 cupcakes, and it turned out perfectly both times! I made sure to use full fat curd/yogurt. I think that helps keep the cake tender.

Hello, Thank you for this recipe. I have tried it several times, really spongy but each time, while cooking it is well raised but as soon as I remove it from the oven, the cake sink in. Any tips or idea why? As such resulting into a more brown colour of cake compared to your which looks more yellowish.

Response: The reasons behind the cake sinks after baking are - 1. Underbaked cake, 2. Using too much baking powder/soda, 3. Baking in the oven that's not preheated enough.

Easiest

Easiest Vanilla Cake (no Eggs, No Milk, No Butter!)

This was the kind of recipe I was looking for. Nothing special to add and we get almost all the ingredients in the kitchen available. Thanks!!

Amazing cakeeeeee!! Everyone really enjoyed this recipe. This makes me feel liberated that I can now make a cake without using eggs. One suggestion would be, when you wrote another bowl, I did not read it properly as I was making the cake at that time. So the first time I ended up making instead of cake bhatrue dough. But the recipe is really good. The outer layer was crumbly and the inside was soft, fluffy and nicely moist. I also added some almonds on top and Used jaggery powder instead of sugar. A must try for everyone!

Hi, I tried this recipe today in kadai. I used a 8 inch square pan to do the cake. The cake turned out very very soft. But it did not fluff up as shown in the picture. The baking powder and baking soda are new ones (not expired).

Easy Eggless Vanilla Pound Cake

Could it be because of 8 inch square pan? If I use 2 6 inch square pan will it fluff up? Please guide me.

Response: Hello Anuradha, the cake should fluff up.