How To Make Ghost Cake Pops

These Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops are a deliciously adorable addition to any Halloween spread. Made from crumbled cake mixed, frosting, and candy coating, these Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops are the perfect, easy, make-ahead addition to your Halloween celebration.

So I’m still on my Halloween kick. I know that autumn and Thanksgiving treats are calling my name, but I can’t seem to shake Halloween from my brain 🙂 So here’s the latest: Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops!

Boo!

When I made these Halloween Bat Cupcakes they were my favorite. Then when I made my Easy Witch’s Hat Cupcakes, they were all of a sudden my new favorite. But these Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops are definitely the most adorable Halloween treats I’ve made to date.

Halloween Cake Pops :: Sweet Recipes

I Mean they’re little ghosts holding pumpkin trick or treat bags. Seriously. I’m sort of in love with them. Almost too cute to eat.

As festive as these Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops are, they’re so simple to make. The shape of a ghost is simply a circle with a flat bottom.Once I made my cake pop “clay” (which is just cake crumbs mixed with frosting to form a clay-like consistency), I shaped them into ghosts (aka spheres with a flat bottom).

While the cake pops chilled in the fridge I made the pumpkins. I used orange mini-M&M’s and a fine tip black food color marker to draw on the face. Aren’t they so darn cute? I may just start drawing faces on all of my mini-M&M’s 🙂

Top Halloween Cake Pops

Coating is so forgiving. Little bumps or imperfections in the coating is perfectly fine because it’s a ghost. A little drip or air bubble never hurt a ghost! It just makes them look more ghost-like.

While I wish I could guarantee that you and your family will have fun this Halloween, I can promise that if you make a little army of these Trick-Or-Treat Ghost Cake Pops not only will you have a bunch of delicious treats to munch on, but you’ll also bring a smile to everyone’s face.

The cupcake recipe is adapted from [url href=”http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/http://” target=”_blank” title=”Love, Life, and Sugar”]Love, Life and Sugar[/url]. The cake pop idea is from [url href=”http://www.thetomkatstudio.com/” target=”_blank” title=”TomKat Studio”]TomKat Studio[/url].I love making cake pops (these Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cake Pops are a fall favorite), and I've been wanting to make Halloween cake pops for a while.

Gluten Free Ghost Cake Pops For Halloween

This past month has been a little crazy though, and with all the mayhem, my ghoulish treat making got put on the back burner.

My niece is visiting this weekend, so it seemed like the perfect time to finally make these Ghost Cake Pops. They turned out so cute ... a little goofy and not too spooky, but totally fun!

When I spotted a pack of candy eyes at the grocery store, I couldn't wait to use them for a fun Halloween treat ... and what could be better than delicious Ghost Cake Pops?

Boo Tiful Cake Pops!

This Halloween cake pop recipe makes a super fun and totally delicious holiday treat, and they're the perfect way to impress party guests, too.

If you've never made cake pops before, you might be surprised at how easy they are too make. All you need is a little time and patience.

Ghost

These cake pops for Halloween are so fun to make and not hard at all if you follow my easy tutorial. If you've never make cake pops, read these tips for how to make Ghost Cake Pops first, then follow the recipe below for more pics and details.

Halloween Ghost Cake Pops

You'll need one already baked white cake (two layers) and some white frosting. To keep things simple, I prefer to use a box mix when I make cake pops (I used this Pillsbury white cake mix and white frosting). Homemade cake and frosting would be delicious though if you want to put in a little more effort.

Feel free to use any flavor cake and frosting, but keep in mind that if you choose a dark color (like chocolate), you may need to double dip your pops in the candy coating.

You'll start by crumbling the cake, then mixing in just enough frosting (about ¼ to ½ cup) to hold the mixture together when it's rolled into a ball. Use your hands to do this ... it's messy, but makes the process easier and faster.

Playdays And Runways: Dr Oetker Spooky Ghost Cake Pops Recipe

To get the ghost shape for your pops, you'll start by rolling a heaping tablespoon of cake mixture into a ball, and from there, into an oval shape. Then, you'll shape the oval so the bottom is flat and the top (the ghost's head) is a little narrower.

At this point, you need to refrigerate the ghost shapes for two hours or freeze them for one hour. This helps the cake firm up. Don't skip this step, or your cake pops will fall apart when you try to coat them.

-

After the cake has been refrigerated for two hours, melt a few candy melts in a small bowl. I used these Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers, but I've also had good luck with Wilton Candy Melts.

Monster Cake Pops

Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the candy and insert it into the cake. Once you've done this with all of the cake, refrigerate the cake pops for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the candy has hardened.

Place about one and half bags of the candy melts into a small bowl, then melt them according to the package directions.

Dip a cake pop into the melted candy to coat. Then, gently tap it on the edge of the bowl to remove the excess candy.

The Easiest Halloween Cake Pops

1.) If you want your Ghost Cake Pops to look perfect from all angles, poke the sticks into a piece of styrofoam so the coated pops can dry upright. 2.) If you don't care how the backs of the pops look, rest them on a lined tray to harden (parchment paper works great for this and minimizes cleanup). 3.) If you want the cake pops to look good from all angles and don't have styrofoam, poke the stick in the head part of the cake (instead of the bottom of the ghost).

After you've dipped the pop, let the candy coating set for a minute or two, then press on the candy eyeballs. Aren't they cute?

Halloween

You'll want to refrigerate the finished Halloween cake pops until you're ready to serve them, although I can never resist trying one right away!

Halloween Cake Pops — Butteryum — A Tasty Little Food Blog

For an event, feel free to dress up your pops with a little black bow on the lollipop stem, or you could even wrap the stems with Halloween washi tape.

Did you make this recipe? I love seeing what you're cooking! Leave a comment below, or tag @ or # on Instagram!

Ginnie is the writer, photographer, and chief content creator behind Hello Little Home. She loves trying new things (whether that’s creating delicious vegetarian recipes, exploring a new city, trying a fun DIY project, or sharing a pretty makeup look), and she hopes to inspire you to do the same! Read more about Ginnie here.

Halloween Cake Pops: Pumpkins, Ghosts & Co