How To Make A Cake Pop Tower

Posted by: niner bakes on 22. January 2013 in Cake Pops, Cake Pops 101, Candy Melts, Creativity, DIY, General, Tutorials 21 Comments

There are tooons of ways to display your cake pops and I thought it would be great to list some of the options here for you.

DIY

What I usually tell my clients and readers when they ask me about displaying their cake pops, (who do not own cake pop stands and who do not have time to craft their own) is to just use cute, decorative bowls, cute cups, home decor glasses, even porcelain vases and usual glass bowls work so well!

Iconic Building Block Treats

All you need to do is to buy colored decorative, craft sand and fill up your desired bowl, vase etc. with the sand and stick your cake pops in there.

Let’s say you want to display many cake pops at a Wedding or a birthday party – it sure has to look beautiful, right?

Best used for wedding or huge parties is a multi tier cake pop stand. It holds up to 52 cake pops and looks really gorgeous once set up.

Birthday Cake Pop Tower

But to make it look neat, you can cover those with pretty paper and ribbons to match it your personal theme and style.

The edges can be decorated with fancy ribbon et voilá, you have a cute cake pop stand for less than 10 dollars.

As you can see crafted a 3 tiered Cake Pop Tower out of three different sized styrofoam blocks. Very easy. Adding ribbon to the edges makes it extra cute.

Easy Homemade Cake Pops Recipe

Since I am a really big LED lights fanatic, it was only a matter of time that I came up with the idea to put led stripes around the cake pop tower’s styrofoam blocks.

But you either have to find somebody who makes them for you, or you get your craft on and try by yourself. It is such a highlight!

From a “skinny mini” version that holds up 6 Cake Pops, up to the “mega” cake pop stand which holds up 50 Cake Pops! So awesome!

Thanksgiving Turkey Cake Pops — Butteryum — A Tasty Little Food Blog

Another great and cheap idea is to simply put each cake pop in a cellophan bag and tie a ribbon around it. It is a little more time consuming to do that with hundreds of pops (I have been there before!), but it sure looks cute and special!

There is lots of inspiration on the net, especially Pinterest! Just be on the look-out whenever you are surfing the net, keep your eyes open for new inspiration and how other people display and show off their treats.

Beautiful cake pops display cake pops cake pops guide decor dessert table display display your cake pops how to make cake pops styrofoam block tips tricks for cake pops

How To Make Cake Pops

Tagged with: beautiful cake pops display cake pops cake pops guide decor dessert table display display your cake pops how to make cake pops styrofoam block tips tricks for cake pops

Hi I'm niner - I blog about cake pops, cupcakes & super healthy things: green smoothies, matcha, super foods & more! Welcome to my blog, I am thrilled you're here :)

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

DIY

Four Standout Treats For The Ultimate Kids' Birthday Party Dessert Table

This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience.

Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.

Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.This might be the most unique wedding cake I've done to date.   My first (and only so far) Cake Ball Wedding Cake.

Cake Pop Christmas Tree

When I was first asked about doing this cake, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.  I loved the look of the cake the bride sent me as inspiration, but I had no idea how to bring it together.

We planned early on to have the cake underneath be dummy cakes, so I ordered the styrofoam dummies and the cake board and bought up lots of supplies to make cake balls.

A couple of days earlier in the week, I baked several cakes and made the cake balls (see how I make cake pops here - except minus the sticks and I didn't dip them yet).   Then I stuck them in the frig to wait.

Cake Balls Images

The day before, I made a few batches of homemade marshmallow fondant and covered the dummy cakes.   I used piping gel as glue to make the stryofoam dummies sticky so the fondant would adhere to them.

I was freaking out!  The cake balls were messy; puddling on the wax paper or having fork marks obvious on them where I tried to get them out of the chocolate.   I tried a few different things and then I started to panic - with only 15 hours before I was supposed to deliver the cake - I had no idea what I was going to do.

How

Then I messaged my friend Kristen and she suggested I try using lollipop sticks.  She said to just dip them like a cake pop, let them harden, and pull them off!  So I did... and WOW, it worked like a charm!  Praise the Lord for smart friends!!

Top More Than 75 Party Pops Cakes

Unfortunately, it still took much longer than I anticipated and probably 6+ hours later, I finished dipping the 400+ cake pops.   And then I went to bed.

The next day, I knew I couldn't drive the 45 minutes to the venue with the cake balls attached to the cake (I had visions of them rolling all over my truck as we bumped down country roads), so I loaded up the covered cake dummy, the pans and pans of cake balls, and a thousand toothpicks (I didn't want to run out) and we headed out several hours ahead of wedding time to set up.

I normally don't go to weddings that early, but I didn't want to underestimate and not finish in time, so we erred on the side of caution and went very early!

New: Guest Tutor Suzanne Esper & Lisa Cheng Cake Pop Tower Cake Class — Victoria's Kitchen

Okay, so we had already put a few on when I thought to take pictures, but you get the idea 😉  Here are all the trays:

Anyway, so we went to work.  We referring to me and my husband.  He's a rock star cake assistant, by the way!

What we did is poke the toothpick into the cake/styrofoam, then push the cake ball onto the toothpick.  We used the hole that was created by the lollipop stick the night before so that we didn't crack the chocolate coating.

Diy Cake Pop Tower

It was pretty easy to space them and eye ball the distance - and we staggered the cake balls on each row so that they stacked closer together.

Cake

You can tell in that picture that I didn't stress at all over having the cakes perfectly covered underneath the cake balls.  I knew it would all be covered up - especially the bottom seams.

You can also see the small indentions around the top edge of each tier.  Once we had quite a few made the night before, we actually laid one row around the top side of each tier to measure and be sure we would have enough cake balls!

How To Make Cake Pops: A Step By Step Tutorial

I had already done the math and had a fairly good idea - but I just wanted to be sure.  I knew once we were on site, there would be no way to make up for a shortage.

Clearly - we had enough!  Ha!  This tray was left sitting next to the cake with probably almost a hundred extra cake balls!

Anywho - if you're wondering, it only took about an hour (give or take - I don't remember exactly), for me and my husband to attach the 300 (ish) cake balls to the cake.

How To Make Cake Pops (easy And Fool Proof)

It really was easy to assemble and the cake balls felt really secure on the cake (more than I expected).    I wasn't sure what the plan was for the top of the cake, so at the end I used some toothpicks to put a few balls together as a topper - just to give it a finished look!

I snagged this pic from the bride on Facebook... they added some flowers on top and a few randomly placed between the cake balls... gorgeous!

I was really proud of it when all was said and done - and confident

Wedding

An Explosion Of Cake Pops For Charlotte & Ben's Spring Wedding