How To Do Cake Pop Stand

Back when I photographed those goodies, I also took the above picture of the cake pop stand with a carpenter's square so that I would have the dimensions for future reference. I was secretly hoping my hubby would make one for me to keep... but that hasn't happened yet.

Why you ask was it not more precise?  Welll, around 10pm the night before it was due,  I remembered that my customer had ordered this board.  So I begged my husband, who was already ready for bed, to go outside, get out his saw and drill and make it for me.

Perfect

He did that for two reasons.  First, he loves me... alot.    Second, I'm sure he was also accommodating because  he wanted me to keep all of my fingers.  I certainly would've cut off some major body part had I been forced to operate the circular saw unsupervised!

Cake Pop Display Stand 21 Hole Acrylic Lollipop Holder Weddings Baby Showers Birthday Parties Halloween Candy Decorative

He made my homemade cake pop stand!  Again, it was late and he was working quickly, so I know our measurements and spaces are not terribly precise!

We started with a 1x12 board.  Then he cut it down to the approximate 10 x 11 rectangle you see above.   We then drew out a grid for 24 cake pops (the quantity that was ordered)  based on what I assumed would be enough room for the cake pops.

I put the dimensions up in the top picture for you to see.   The rows were spaced a little less than 3 inches apart and then the vertical holes were about 1.5 apart.  I use 5/32 diameter lollipop sticks, so my hubby drilled the holes with the appropriate size drill bit so they would stand but be tight.

How To Make Perfect Bottomed Cake Pops • Pint Sized Baker

Then he sanded it down to remove all the splinters.  When he had that all done for me, I painted it with cheap white craft paint.   It took about 3 coats for it to be white enough for me, but considering I was using my kids school craft paint - what did I expect?  I'm sure if you had a better quality paint, it would've been fine!

If you choose to make one of these, I'd recommend making the horizontal holes a little farther apart.  Ours were around 1.5 inches but I'd recommend maybe 1.75 inches.  Our little ladybugs had enough room - but barely!!

Do you have any questions about making a cake pop stand like this?  If so, leave them in the comments and I'll let my hubby answer (ha!!)

Acrylic Cake Pop Lollipop Stand

Rose Atwater is the founder and cake decorator behind Rose Bakes. She is baker, cake decorator, author, wife to Richy and homeschooling mommy to 6 wonderful kiddos! Her work has been featured in American Cake Decorating Magazine, Cakes Decor, Pretty Witty Cakes Magazine, Huffington Post and Cake Geek Magazine. Learn more here...When kids were too small I tried cake pops for the first time. Also after that I make cake pops for most of their birthday parties without fail. Its a perfect party bite even I never mind to have two or three 🙂 Recently I made Cake Pops for a party and clicked some step by step pictures while working on it in a midnight. So today’s post is going to discuss the tips and tricks to make Perfect Cake Pops with DIY Cake Pop Holder . You wonder how this post is different from my previous cake pops posts?

-

I learnt cake pops has to be kept in freezer before coating with candy melts. Also used whipping cream to the crumbled cake to make cake balls now things have changed.

The cake is mixed with flavored buttercream to give smooth and perfect texture to the cake balls also it hardens fast , easy to work with and its always not necessary to chill it before inserting the sticks. For several years I stick with Candy melts and now started using chocolate wafers. I have to mention Ghirardelli Melting Wafers which is a perfect chocolate to coat or decorate your dessert. Ghirardelli is bit expensive when compared with other brands but its worth each penny.

Acrylic Cake Pop Stand With Cake Pops

If you are making shaped cake pops / customized cake pops like heart instead of regular round cake pops then the rolled cake pop needs to be firm (may be 5- 8 minutes in freezer before cutting out the shapes).

I use 4 inch pop sticks for that each round cake balls should weigh between 20 – 22 grams each. Also for shaped cake pops do ensure the thickness of it is more than 1/3 inch.

-

The round cake pops just needs to chill in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before inserting the pop sticks. Since the shaped cake pops were in freezer before making shapes just 10 more minutes in refrigerator works make sure they are firm enough to hold before inserting the sticks.

Amazon.com: Nangopop Cake Pop Stand Display

Either double broiler or defrost in microwave for first few seconds and then melt in microwave till they melt. Few tiny chunks are absolutely fine and they melt in that warm. Also once it turns smooth do chill it under regular water. If you are adding shortening do add once they are out from the microwave. They melt in that chocolate warmness. If you have narrow container do immerse directly in boiling water to melt the candy melts.

Before dipping the lolli pops sticks or cake pops in melted chocolate make sure its in lukewarm temperature. If they are medium to high hot then there are lots of chances for the chocolate melts to give crack over the cake pops. If happened so do fix the crack using melted chocolate using toothpick. All those mess gets hidden when you decorate it with sprinkles.

It has to be very smooth and shiny without any grainy texture. If they look grainy do warm it to bring to the right consistency. Always microwave fraction of seconds not to over burn the melts.

Crissa's

Spec101 Acrylic Cake Pop Display Stand

Either Vegetable shortening or flavorless oil or mix of both works to thin the melted candies. Is it necessary to thin the coating, the candy wafer packet says once melted do dip it in strawberries so and so . But for cake pops especially when you add sprinkles do thin it otherwise the cake pop coated with undiluted melts sets very fast and you don’t get chance for further decoration.

Candy melts thinned with oil has few more seconds compared to shortening. And overall its less than a minute for each dipped cake pops, so work accordingly.

Don’t get panic when melted chocolate hardens. When you dip and remove excess from cake pops if they are not falling and hardens quick then its time to warm the mixture for fraction of seconds. If needed add shortening or oil to thin.

Diy Cake Pop Stands

You can use chocolate chips instead of candy melts but it needs extra time and care. Do melt wafers in small quantity and use a deep /narrow bowl. Just 2 minutes of time is enough for the candy melts to set on pop sticks anyways give priority to first stick inserted cake balls for dipping. .

How