How To Make Cakesicles Without Frosting

To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email I just sent you. If you did not receive an email check your spam folder. Otherwise, add whitney@ to your address book and try again.

Cake and popsicles come together to create the ultimate party treat- Cakesicles. These easy cakepops have all the fun and flavor you could want on a nice portable stick. Perfect for summer and themed parties!

How

Chocolate: If you want to use candy melts please keep in mind that one 12 ounce sized bag will cover 12 cakesicles and that this recipe makes about 36 of them so three 12 ounce bags of candy melts are needed. More will be needed if you plan on drizzling and decorating the tops with additional chocolate.

How To Make Sugar Free Cake Pops

Storage at room temperature: These cakesicles will last up to 3 days if stored at room temperature. Keep in mind that you won’t want to store them at room temp if it’s too warm because the chocolate can and most likely will melt.

Storage for the fridge: Keep the cake popsicles stored in the fridge well covered in plastic wrap and placed into an airtight container or large zip top bag. If you then place the bag into a cardboard box or shoe container the cardboard will absorb most of the moisture instead of the cakesicles.

After the cake pops have been removed from the molds you can decorate the front of them however you wish. Most commonly the decorating is as simple as colored chocolate being drizzled over the top to form a pattern or nice design and then given festive sprinkles. You can have many different decorating possibilities for any occasion with this simple process.

Browniesicles (brownie Cake Pop Recipe)

If the chocolate coating the mold is too thin then the cakesicles may crack as they cool down and come to room temperature after chilling. This is why we give our cake molds two nice layers of chocolate before freeing. If your chocolate still looks too thin after two layers, adding another layer or two may be necessary.

If you melt your candy melts over too high of a temperature or for too long then the chocolate can seize and become lumpy. Once this happens, there is no saving the chocolate as it is now a clump forever. Make sure to melt the chocolate slowly and over low heat to get a smooth consistency before removing it from the heat.

Delicious cake mixtured with frosting is shaped into a popsicle mold which makes a CAKESICLE! They're so fun and cute. Change up the color of chocolate used to fit the occasion!

How To Make Cakesicles !

To store in fridge wrap each cakesicle in plastic wrap then place in zip top bags. Store in a cardboard shoe or shipping box. The box will attract most of the moisture rather than condensing on the cakesicles. 

Before eating remove the box from the fridge and remove the zip top bag. Keep the cakesicle in the zip top bag for 1 hour At room temperature before removing them from the bag and eating. This allows them to adjust to the temperature change and prevents cracking. 

Frosting: can opt for using store bought frosting to make it easier if you’d like. May need to add more frosting than just 1/2 cup. You want the cake crumbs and frosting to combine and stick together but you don’t want the mixture to be too gloopy. It should stiff enough that it has the ability to support a Popsicle stick 🙂 

Cakesicles

Brownie Cakesicles Recipe

Calories: 215 kcal (11%) Carbohydrates: 29 g (10%) Protein: 1 g (2%) Fat: 10 g (15%) Saturated Fat: 8 g (40%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 8 mg (3%) Sodium: 152 mg (6%) Potassium: 30 mg (1%) Fiber: 1 g (4%) Sugar: 24 g (27%) Vitamin A: 99 IU (2%) Vitamin C: 1 mg (1%) Calcium: 43 mg (4%) Iron: 1 mg (6%)

Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating and review on the blog post letting me know how you liked this recipe! Take a picture and tag @ on Instagram and Facebook so I can see what you’re making!I am not an expert on cake balls. Some people are really really good at making them.  I’m not even talking about the cutesy, snazzy people who can make their cake balls/pops look like freakin Hello Kitty or a unicorn head.  No, those people are sculptors. I’ve come to grips with the reality that I simply do not have the skill, time or patience for that. But they

Mine always come out looking more like mini deformed potatoes.  I basically quit trying to make cake balls because not only was I making pathetic looking ones, but they were so sweet that I would make the sour pucker face when I ate one.  What’s the point of all this work if I wasn’t willing to blow the summer slim down diet for a few?! Yes, they’re adorable, they are usually too sweet and don’t taste very good.  I am all for presentation, but taste is first and foremost.

How To Make Cakesicles (cake Popsicles)

Don’t get me wrong, I looooove me some sweets (I mean look at my recipe page, it’s a wonder I don’t give myself diabetes).  Most cake balls use a crumbled cake and frosting as the binding agent (the thing that holds the crumbs together), then dunked in white chocolate which I hate because it’s too thick and too sweet even on its own.  I make no-bake oreo “cake pops” that I love (get recipe here) because they don’t taste like a pound of sugar cubes… but they aren’t actually made with cake, so they don’t technically count as “cake” balls.

Then I took a cake class at Momofuku’s Milk Bar in NYC (read about that adventure here and here).  The head pastry chef Christina Tosi doesn’t refer to their cake balls as cake balls.  Nope, the tiny confections appear under the alias of “cake truffles” on the Milk Bar menu.  Let’s face it, truffles sound better than balls 😛 Keep it classy, let’s  say truffles instead.

Cakesicles:

Truffles.  The bakery uses a soak made with milk and vanilla instead.  Also, instead of a thick white chocolate shell, they used a very thin coat of white chocolate, then rolled it in another ingredient.  Double win.  After the class, we took home a cake and about 5 cake

How To Make Christmas Cakesicles

Truffles and sure enough I tweeted that I ate them for breakfast the next day.  They were the best bar none.  They weren’t the most adorable things I’ve ever seen, but as far as taste goes, Milk Bar was King.

At the class Tosi said that they ONLY use cake scraps and never make the truffles just to make the truffles.  It seemed kind of frowned upon to bake a cake just to crumble it up.  Well, being the wild woman I am, I did just that.  And brought them to a family picnic.  Not one was leftover.  I also used a *gasp* boxed cake mix because I procrastinate like it’s my job plus I’m lazy.

Start with a 1/4 sheet cake baked and cooled. (1/4 sheet cake is fancy bakery talk for 9″x 13″).  So obviously I chose funfetti because sprinkles make everything better.

How To Make Gluten Free Cake Pops

Add in your soak a little at a time.  You don’t want it drippy!  Add just enough moisture so that it holds its shape when you try to make a ball.  Then roll them up!

How

If you are OCD and need them to be all the same size, then use a small cookie scoop or melon baller.

Truffles   2. chocolate  3. dry cake mix  4. serving dish).  Working somewhat quickly is a good idea when working with melted chocolate. I use disposable bowls because it makes clean up a breeze.

Cake Mix Mummy Cakesicles

Truffle into chocolate.  You want a thin coat.  This way is messy, but whatever, it was the way they taught me in the cake class.  And it’s fun.  You can dunk them however you want, but I despise too sweet white chocolate, so I did this:

Roll into the dry cake mix and then place on a dish to set.  Refrigerate for about an hour and then faceplant.

Whisk together milk & vanilla then add it slowly to the cake crumbs until you can roll into a bite size ball without it falling apart.Cakesicles are just like cake pops but even bigger and shaped like popsicles. If you are a cake pop lover then you will absolutely love these cakesicles, with that same yummy cake filling and chocolate shell on the outside.

-

How To Make Easy & Elegant Cakesicles (cake Popsicles)

Growing up I have always loved eating cake. When I discovered cake pops I was in heaven, they are so good. So naturally the idea of a cakesicle intrigued me. I mean how can you go wrong with cake mixed with frosting covered in chocolate? You can’t!

Cakesicles are really easy to make at home, time to impress your friends and family with these delicious treats. In this recipe, I will show you a couple of different methods that you can use to make cakesicles. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s